Riddick's 360 Madden 11 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's that time again...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inStandingsPower RankingsAwards

New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page)

Go down 

Which "trade bait" player currently involved in offers, has the biggest upside/future?
Robert Meacham WR (26 yo)
New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) I_vote_lcap0%New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Tracy Porter CB (25 yo)
New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) I_vote_lcap60%New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Patrick Robinson CB (23 yo) 2010 1st Rd. pick
New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) I_vote_lcap40%New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Rnb4thatazz

Rnb4thatazz

New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) Empty
PostSubject: New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page)   New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 am

Weeks 1-2:

Week 1: W - 52-20 vs. Minnesota
Week 2: L - 51-21 @ San Francisco

The Saints 1st weeks to open the season were a Roller Coaster. Almost Mirror Images of each other.

Week 1 Opened in "Who Dat" Nation (yea....I said it...sorry) with a trampling of Minnesota. (Not once, but 2x. Similar scores in both games. We restarted so that he could get Percy Harvin back from his 11 week injury. Riddick okayed it and, reluctantly, we started over from the 4th q.....) Drew Brees had an outstanding outing by putting up 427 YDS to 6 seperate recievers, and 3 TDs . N.O. still managed to put up 200+ yds rushing on top of that! The 202 yds was split between 6 seperate rushers, Pierre Thomas doing the bulk with 104 yds. 3 picks on D made NO Nation exstatic. The only weak point was giving up 208 to AP alone (he only had 50 something in the 1st game...he broke a couple 60,70+ yarders in the game that counted.....stopping him in the 1st game at least gives the Saints some hope for their run D).

Week 2 However was an entiirly different story, Bringing Saints fans back to earth. The score nearly opposite of week one, the team struggled to get things going against the 49ers and their insanely solid D. N.O. went down early. The first half consisted mainly of A.Smith dropping deep passes over the middle and down the sidelines to Vernon Davis. Brees got into trouble in the times it counted most. Drew threw a pick to, none other than, Patrick Willis on their 1st possession, giving the 9ers another quick score. NO went down quickly,but were able to piece together a few drives to not make it a complete utter ABSOLUTE disaster (it was damn close to that tho). The 49ers D caught on quickly and adjusted to what the Saints tried to do all game. They forced 3 INTs and 2 Fumbles. Between that, and the Saints making a bad decision to go for it on 4th, already down by 25+ in the 3rd....it was just a sad day in SF for NO fans. It was as if a quick 0-13, then 7-27, score shook the Saints and the game was over in the 2nd. They pratically watched Gore and Dixon run down the field for a 80 yd. drive in the 4th. They just didnt show up. The only bright side was Drew Brees spreading the ball to 9 different recievers...if thats even bright?!?! The Saints D didnt force a fumble, get a pick, or even get a sack!

I guess they found out WHO dat was.... SF. They go into week 3 against a 1-1 Falcons team, with a lot to prove. Things look a little bit easier in the weeks to follow with the schedule they have in weeks 4, 5, and 6 (not necissarily the owners....calm down...) They seem to have learned a lot from their loss and it keeps them level headed. Hopefully it doesn't shake them too much and they can rebound next week.

They are looking to upgrade at OLB, but are very hesitant to give up anything from the core of their very solid Offense, including extreme depth at WR. Surprisingly, behind Brees, Meacham has been the Outstanding Offensive star so far this year.
Back to top Go down

New Orleans Bi-Weekly Update (Saints Team Page)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riddick's 360 Madden 11 League :: League News :: Team Pages-
Jump to: